Chemistry 2011 at the Lycée Raymond NavesIdea by Claire Dibarboure | added on Jul 20, 2010 02:35PM Suggestion
My aim is quite simple: showing that chemistry can be fun!
To promote chemistry in all its fields of application, I wish to contribute even modestly to the International Year of Chemistry 2011. My aim is quite simple: showing that chemistry can be fun! For this, I would like:
- to give the opportunity to all pupils to discover chemistry
- to make pupils to build their own project as scientists do
- to show the different domains of chemistry
Let me give you some examples of the activities I will set up as early as possible next term in September 2010:
- for the inauguration of the 2011-chemistry year, a helium-balloon launch: one balloon for one chemical element
- every month, a small round table on the general theme "This chemistry which surrounds us", the language of communication could be English as scientists do
- an e-twinning partnership with a British school based on molecular gastronomy and demonstration in front of children of the primary school next door
We will also take part of other certified IYC projects such as visits of chemistry University Labs or chemical and pharmaceutical firms or art/drama about chemistry.
|Topic:||hands-on activities, exhibition||Audience:||high schools|