International Congress of Industrial Chemistry 2011Activity by Juan M. Alfaro | added on Feb 17, 2010 | Mexico
Sponsor(s): Facultad de Ciencias Químicas, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México
The International Congress of Industrial Chemistry 2011 will be organized to provide a forum for the analysis and discussion of recent trends in scientific and technological research in the chemical industry, as well as the present and future role of Chemistry professionals.
Educational institutions, researchers, professors, students, chemical industry decision makers, members of education boards, people in charge of educational projects and anyone interested in the process of innovation within the Chemical Industry to participate in theINTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY 2011
That will take place in April 5th - 8th, 2011 at the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Monterrey, México.
Innovative Chemical Technologies: This is about considering the environment of specific areas of Chemistry where innovative technologies incubate and looks forward to the sharing of experiences, motivating deep reflection about the defining characteristics of these innovations, how they come about and their impact in the environment that developed them. To support this, we establish two discussions forums and we look forward to receive short presentations along the following lines of research:
- Materials Science
- Sustainable and Green Chemistry
- Sustainable Chemical and Biochemical Process
- Applied Organic Synthesis and organometallics
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
Clean Technologies: Innovations are born from the need to solve a specific problem, but innovation should also contribute to form professionals with ability to identify possible threats to the environment through the understanding of reality as a whole. To support this, we establish a discussion forum related to the role of the Chemical Industry and their impact to the Climate Change, and Workshops on topics related to:
- Advanced Analytical Techniques
- Industrial Safety and Hygiene
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Sustainable Development
- Basic research
- Applied Research
- Industrial and Intellectual Property
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITIES
- Opening lecture: This lecture will start all the activities in the Congress. It will be delivered by an expert with worldwide recognition.
- Plenary Lectures: Delivered by well-known chemical innovators, both within Mexico and internationally, to motivate deep-thinking about the proposed topics. It will last one hour with no other simultaneous activities and including 20 min of Q&A at the end.
- Forums of discussions with experts: Moderated groups made up of three or four experts, exposing their visions about the following specific topics:
- a) Chemical Industry and their impact on the Climate Change,
- b) State of the Art in Nanotechnology
- c) New developments in Green Chemistry
One-and-a-half hour equally divided among the experts expositions. 30 min for Q&A through written questions and open answers.
- Short presentations of research projects: An Academic Committee will evaluate the contributions of those interested in participating in any of the following modalities.
- Oral presentation: The participant will report the results of a research project related to any of the topics mentioned above. Presentations will last 20 min, including 5 min for Q&A.
- Poster presentation: Adequate for showing results of research projects, innovative developments and new teaching materials. This space will also promote networking between attendants to the Congress.
- Workshops: Intensive Short Course will be organized in small groups. The wide spectrum of topics covered is described in section of Clean Technologies.
- Industry visits: The conference attendees will have the opportunity to visit important industries of the Metropolitan Area of Monterrey including beer, cement, glass, steel, and food products.
- Recreational visits: Monterrey is the third most populated city in Mexico with the metropolitan area housing over four million inhabitants. It is an urban industrial and business centre known as the “City of the Mountains”. The natural beauty that surrounds Monterrey is one of the major attractions. The conference attendees will have the opportunity to visit one of the following natural parks: Chipinque, La Estanzuela or La Huasteca, they are obligatory references for people who delight in nature.
- Rally: The last day of the conference will be a good opportunity to have fun with your friends and colleagues. This is a fun, FREE event for all registered attendees that you do not want to miss!
Dr. Perla Elizondo Martínez
Chair of the Industrial Chemistry Division at the Faculty of Chemistry Sciences, UANL
Phone: +52 (81) 83294000 Ext. 6240 and 6241, Phone and Fax: +52 (81) 83760570
More information for poster and oral presentation, as well as to download the template for symposium abstract and paper submission please visit the Website: http://www.fcq.uanl.mx/
- Deadline for Abstract submission: October 29th, 2010
- Submission Abstract acceptance: November 19th, 2010
- Deadline for paper submission for revision in order to include into Proceedings Book: December 17th, 2010
- Submission of acceptance letter of the paper: February11th, 2011
To value the contributions of the Chemistry Professionals in the transformation of Chemical Industry of the region and help establish collaborative efforts with industry, to strengthen the academic process of building professional competencies.
- Share successful experiences on chemical innovation.
- Foster research towards chemical innovation.
- Promote research collaboration technology transfer and enterprise development at the highest level that helps develop Chemical Industry in the region.