CHEM-MED 2011 - The International Chemical Event - Conference & ExhibitionActivity by Claudio Molinari | added on Aug 06, 2010 | Italy
Sponsor(s): SCI - Italian Chemical Society, CNC - Italian National Council of Chemists - Federchimica, Italian Federation of the chemical industry - Cefic - European Chemical Industry Council
International conference and exhibition dedicated to the chemical sector.
CHEM-MED 2011 -The International Chemical Event - Conference & Exhibition
05 - 07 October 2011
Work is in full swing for CHEM-MED, the important international event dedicated to the chemical world, to take place from 5 to 7 October 2011 at fieramilanocity, in the heart of Lombardy, a reference region for the chemical world not only at national level but also for Europe. Lombardy, in fact, is the first region in Europe for number of chemical companies.
The number of exhibitors is continuously increasing, thus demonstrating how the event is a reference point for companies and professionals of the sector particularly interested in the important market of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean area.
During the International Year of Chemistry (IYC), CHEM-MED is the only event taking place in Italy able to offer a complete showcase of products, technologies, processes and instrumentation:
- Chemical and chemico-pharmaceutical raw materials
- Engineering & Plants
- Manufacturing and processing machinery, equipment and components
- RICHMAC 2011 Equipment, instrumentation and materials for the laboratory and process
- Testing/control and automation technologies and instrumentation
- Industrial and labor safety
- Clean rooms and equipment for atmosphere-controlled environments
- Sludge treatments and bio-depuration technologies, hazardous waste management
- WATERMED 2011 Treatment, collection, distribution, use, technology analysis and process control of water
- R&D Area
- Software, services, training and educational societies
- Specialist publications and media
CHEM-MED 2011, therefore, will be a qualified conference and showcase of the sector, able to create many business opportunities: the reference point for companies and professionals of the sector interested in the important market of Southern Europe and the Mediterranean area.
CHEM-MED 2011 will also include rich qualified session of conferences, with the participation of representatives of Universities, research bodies, Institutions, Association and Industry.
Particularly Chem-Med 2011 conferences have been supported also by:
- IUPAC - International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Cefic - European Chemical Industry Council
- EuChems - European Assoc. for Chemical and Molecular Sciences
- Federchimica - Italian Federation of the Chemical Industry
- SCI - Italian Chemical Society
- CNC - Italian National Chemical Council
Other initiatives in our conferences are being prepared together with qualified partners:
IYC Special Event - "Innovation in chemical-analytical instrumentation"
"The main bottleneck in the transfer of the results of the research with regards to industrial and civil applications is often the lack of suitable instrumentation. Many instruments created for specific operations, are, with great difficulty, modified by their manufacturers for new applications. This contributes in increasing costs, by using external workers. And yet, the level of innovation of chemical instrumentation in Europe and, in particular, in Italy, is highly advanced. It is therefore clear that a closer relationship between researchers and manufacturers of instruments would improve the compatibility of balance and the achievement of new goals along the route that from research leads to a higher quality of life. And for this reason the need – and commitment – of CHEM-MED in favour of this closer relationship".
(Prof. Luigi Campanella)
The UN has proclaimed 2011 as the International Year of Chemistry (IYC), handing over the responsibility of the event to UNESCO and IUPAC, the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
In celebration of the conquests of chemistry and of its contribution to the wellbeing of mankind, CHEM-MED 2011 will organize, in collaboration with SCI-Società Chimica Italiana (Italian Chemical Society), the special event "Innovation in chemical-analytical instrumentation" (6 October, Natta Room, Hall 3). A special set-up area will, in fact, be dedicated to the most significant innovations of the sector, and the event will also include a workshop chaired by Luigi Campanella, past President of SCI and professor of chemistry at the Università La Sapienza of Rome. The event will be an important opportunity of visibility for participating companies, also thanks to the attention the fair, which is part of the official events of the IYC, is gaining from the press.
S-CHEM is the special Focus of CHEM-MED dedicated to the research for products, technologies and services for the development of sustainable chemistry, which, today, is gaining growing interest.
A conference has been organized together with the Contact Group ‘Green Chemistry’ of the Italian Chemical Society and a joint industry-academia organizing committee will be established.
Four plenary lectures (40 min) and four contributed lectures (15 min, chosen by the organizing committee) are foreseen.
The Contact Group ‘Green Chemistry’ of the Italian Chemical Society (SCI) has been established in 2006. The mission is increasing the awareness of the sustainability perspective among Italian practitioners of the different chemical disciplines, both in industry and in academia, and favoring the advancement of ‘green’ chemical science.
CHEM-MED 2011 will also include a series of conferences that will be organized with the collaboration of associations and protagonists of the sector.
The 2011 Conference program is available. For any reference on the argument of our conferences and workshops of the 2009 edition program please follow the link below: http://www.artenergy.it/pages/conf_en.asp
The program of CHEM-MED 2011 is made complete thanks to another strongly synergic event:
- LIFE-MED 2011, the Life-Sciences Show, made up of BIOTECH 2011 (the third edition of the international event and conference on biotechnologies), NUCE INTERNATIONAL 2011 (the second edition of the show-conference dedicated to the nutraceutical, cosmeceutical and functional foods and drinks industry), ALGAE EUROPE 2011 (the second edition of the conference & expo on technologies for the production and industrial applications of Algae Culture).