The Chemistry of ThingsActivity by Paulo Ribeiro-Claro | added on Jan 24, 2011 | Portugal
Sponsor(s): "Ciência Viva"/ "Science Alive" National Agency (Portugal)
A series of 26 short movies for TV and internet, 26 radio programmes, and 26 newspaper supplements to weekly reveal the underlying chemistry present in day-to-day life.
The mutimedia project “The Chemistry of Everyday Things”, will be aim to reveal the underlying chemistry present in day-to-day life and show how recent developments in
Science contribute to the welfare of Society. “The Chemistry of Everyday Things” will be available on TV and radio, in newspapers, online, and as tablet PC application.
This project is proposed by the Department of Chemistry of the University of Aveiro and will be supported by the "Media Ciência" programme of the "Science Alive" National Agency (approved on January, 2011).
The project includes:
- 26 short episodes (about 2-3 minutes) talking about the chemistry of "everyday things", for weakly TV broadcast and internet diffusion.
- 26 radio appointments on the same subject, developed from the above episodes.
- 26 newspaper supplements (weakly distribution) with the same general thema, but including figures, curiosities, experiments and so on.
- A dedicated web page, presenting all the material above, complemented with relevant scientific and technical information.
- ipad application with the same contents.
Find it at: http://www.aquimicadascoisas.org/en/
|Topic:||celebrating chemistry||Audience:||general public|