Global Challenges/Chemistry SolutionsActivity by Monica Fonorow | added on Oct 27, 2010 | United States
Sponsor(s): Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF)
Prominent leaders from industry and academia, will gather at CHF to participate in a panel discussion on the pressing issues of energy, water, food, and human health.
Join us for the U.S. launch of the International Year of Chemistry, as a panel of prominent leaders from industry and academia gathers to discuss the pressing issues of energy, water, food, and human health.
February 1, 2011 | 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF)
315 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
This event is presented by CHF in collaboration with the American Chemistry Council, the American Chemical Society, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, and the U.S. National Committee for the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
- Dan Nocera (moderator), the Henry Dreyfus Professor of Energy and Professor of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Joshua S. Boger, former Chair and CEO, current board member, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Rita Colwell, Professor, Johns Hopkins University, and former Director, National Science Foundation
- Janet Hering, Director of the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology
- Ellen J. Kullman, Chair and CEO, DuPont
- Andrew N. Liveris, Chair and CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
This event is free and open to the public. Online registration is required.
This program has been supported by the Albemarle Foundation.
For additional information, visit www.chemheritage.org/IYC2011.