Chemistry and Culture Week at EESCActivity by Tim Reynolds | added on Sep 29, 2011 | Belgium
Sponsor(s): European Economic and Social Committee, Solvay, Polish Presidency of the EU, EuCheMS, Royal Society of Chemistry
The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) organises a week of chemistry related activities from 3 October to 7 October at its building in the heart of the European quarter in Brussels.
The European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) is organising a week-long celebration of chemsitry and culture.
- Week-long exhibitions on the life of Marie Curie (Courtesy of the Polish Embassy) and video exhibition of Royal Society of Chemistry 'Our Children on Water' images.
- Catalytic Clothing – with Profs Tony Ryan & Helen Storey on the evening of Thursday 6 October + reception (see seperate event entry).
- Opening reception with chemistry demo from Technopolis Science Centre on the evening of Monday 3 October + reception.
- Exhibition on Maria Sklodowska-Curie (Marie Curie) all week with official opening by Ms Ambassador Agnieszka Tombinska on Wednesday 5 October lunchtime.
- Got some elemental questions – come and meet Mendeleev on Thursday 6 October at lunchtime for answers!
- A presentation on the Solar Impulse aircraft from Solvay at lunchtime on Friday 7 October.
All events are free, but prior registration is mandatory. For more information contact Sylvia Binger (sylvia.binger[at]eesc.europa.eu) at EESC.