IUPAC Day in BrusselsActivity by Paul Baekelmans | added on Aug 15, 2011 | Belgium
Sponsor(s): The Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium,
A colloquium organised by the National [Belgium] Committee for Chemistry
On September 14th the National Committee for Chemistry organises, within the frame of the International Year for Chemistry, a day dedicated to the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry entitled: "IUPAC DAY".
Five guests will give a lecture during this colloquium that is hosted in the Academies Palace.
- IUPAC: Where Chemistry and Society meet, Nicole Moreau, IUPAC President
- Passion, Pride and Purpose in Chemical Research, Jay Siegel
- We need Chemists and the industry is ready to Welcome Them, Wouter De Geest
- The Chemistry of Biological Clocks, Albert Goldbeter
- Plant Genetic Engineering: Chemical Industry at Work for Society, Marc Van Montagu
Welcome and closing remarks by Paul Baekelmans, President NCS/CNC
Visit www.rasab.be for more details and registration.
|Topic:||iupac, chemical industry||Audience:||general public, students, professional chemists, professors, educators|