Series of Conferences on Astronomy and ChemistryActivity by Miguel Angel Méndez-Rojas | added on Aug 26, 2011 | Mexico
Sponsor(s): Universidad de las Americas Puebla (UDLAP) and Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica (INAOE)
Series of conferences on the series of talks for all public on topics related with Chemistry and Astronomy to celebrate the IYC and the 70th anniversary of INAOE.
Celebrating the IYC-2011 and the 40th and 70th Aniversary of the National Astronomic Observatory of Tonantzingla and the foundation of the National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics (INAOE), respectively, we are organizing a series of talks adressed to the general public on several topics related to Chemistry and Astronomy.
The program of talks related to the IYC is as follows:
- August 26, "Astronomy and Chemistry vs. Astrology and Alchemy" (Dr. Raul Mújica, INAOE and Dr. Miguel Mendez-Rojas, UDLAP).
- September 9, "What are we made? The chemistry of life" (Dr. Enrique Gonzalez, BUAP).
- October 14, "The chemistry of the XXI century materials: environmental, energy and conversion applications" (Dr. Felipe Cordova, UDLAP).
- October 28, "Nanoelectronics" (Dr. Alfonso Torres, INAOE).
- November 11, "Biological catalysts: from the meat softner to nanostructures" (Dr. Eduardo Torres, BUAP).
- November 25, "The chemistry of the stars" (Dr. Miguel Chávez, INAOE).
- December 9, "The fullerene: the molecule than came from space" (Dr. Miguel Mendez-Rojas, UDLAP).
All conferences will be held at the main auditorium of the Puebla's Planetary. Free entrance to all public. 18:00 hrs. More info and a poster at:
|Topic:||seminars, educational materials, conferences, chemistry education, celebrating chemistry||Audience:||students, educational institutions, general public|