Email Please login to view this email
IYC Interests:Increase the public appreciation and understanding of chemistry
Encourage interest of young people in chemistry
Generate enthusiasm for the creative future of chemistry
Celebrate the role of women in chemistry
"Química d+" is a program created by the Centro de Educación Flexible of the Facultad de Química of the Universidad de la República of Uruguay in the year 2007. It has been carried out succesfully and more than 6000 kids have visited us.
The main goals of the program are:
- Generating interest and a more active attitude towards Chemistry and to find explanations to the world around us.
- Contributing to the improvement of the scientific culture of society.
- Supporting teaching of science of initial education levels.
- Make children have a better apprecieation of science and scientists.
Working directly with children can make a real contribution to the understanding of science showing that:
- Chemistry is part of everyday life.
- Chemists make significant contributions to our daily lives.
- Chemistry is fun, interesting and understandable.