Maldives Science Society
Email Please login to view this email
Sector:Non Governmental Organizations
Organizations:Maldives Science Society
IYC Interests:Increase the public appreciation and understanding of chemistry
Encourage interest of young people in chemistry
Generate enthusiasm for the creative future of chemistry
Celebrate the role of women in chemistry
The Maldives Science Society is a non-profit-making and non-governmental organization constituted in accordance with the NGO Act of the Republic of Maldives and dedicated solely to the promotion of public understanding on natural and formal sciences and their applications.
Promotion of public understanding on natural and formal sciences and their applications, and set up an intellectual ambiance that would lay the foundations for scientific creativity, research and discovery in the Maldives. In this connection the Society undertakes a host of activities:
- Hosting lectures/talks by eminent scientists/intellectuals.
- Publishing/Linking articles by scientists/intellectuals.
- Conducting classes in science and its cognates viz critical thinking.
- Publishing science journals on the web.
- Hosting scientific documentaries at theaters and halls and other edutainment activities.
- Conducting television and radio broadcasts on science.
- Conducting social and alternative discussion forums on science.
- Conducting scientific field trips.
- Commemoration of events and dates hosted by and associated with the international scientific community.
A Maldives well-versed in natural and formal sciences and their applications; a zeitgeist of scientific optimism in the Maldives – a people, whose approach to life is complemented by scientific creativity, research and discovery.