|Topic:||chemistry||Audience:||students, Secondary school students, educators, teachers|
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Email Please login to view this email
Tel 033 24257398
Organizations:Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan-New Delhi ,India
IYC Interests:Increase the public appreciation and understanding of chemistry
Encourage interest of young people in chemistry
Generate enthusiasm for the creative future of chemistry
NAME:ASHOK KUMAR GUPTA
PROFESSION:Teaching Chemistry Standard-9,10,11,12
INTEREST & HOBBIES:Performing experiments & activities to demonstrate Chemical phenomenon,[principles to motivate students & to develop interest for learning Chemistry.
SPECIFIC INTEREST IN IYC 2011:
To perform demonstrations to reveal chemical phenomenon to encourage the interest of young people in chemistry.
• Organizing visits for members of the public to industrial sites, including manufacturers, chemical producers, or metal and petroleum refiners
• Sponsoring poster exhibitions highlighting the usefulness and wonder of chemistry
• Organizing problem-solving projects through which students can use their knowledge of chemistry to develop solutions to local problems
• Publicizing the contributions that chemistry has made to improve lives, particularly recent developments in chemical research
• Holding career fairs at schools at which professionals show how they use chemistry in their jobs.