|Topic:||conferences, chemistry education, seminars, educational materials, hands-on activities||Audience:||general public, students, educators, teachers, Secondary school students, graduate students|
Dr, Spanish Royal Chemical Society (RSEQ)
Email Please login to view this email
Organizations:Spanish Royal Chemical Society (RSEQ)
Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
Institute of General Organic Chemistry (IQOG)
IYC Interests:Increase the public appreciation and understanding of chemistry
Encourage interest of young people in chemistry
Generate enthusiasm for the creative future of chemistry
Celebrate the role of women in chemistry
The web site (in Spanish) is intended for popularizing Chemistry as well as to be a service for educational purposes.
Additionally, other activities are the following:
1) Director and teacher in the course "Advances in Chemistry and its Impact on Society". The second edition is currently underway (from september 30th, 2010 to february 3rd, 2011). The third edition is scheduled for September, 2011.
2) Administrator and main author of the blog "http://www.madrimasd.org/blogs/quimicaysociedad/", whose main objectives are to discuss and present results on Chemistry and Society as well as issues relates to Educational and Scientific Policies.
3) Lecturer of talks scheduled to be delivered to different audiences, from secondary school students to general people.
4) Member of different Spanish organisms (CSIC, RSEQ, Foro Química y Society) that are organizing different activities related IYC.
5) Scientific commisioner of the exhibition "International Year of Chemistry" organized by CSIC.