Email Please login to view this email
IYC Interests:Increase the public appreciation and understanding of chemistry
Encourage interest of young people in chemistry
Generate enthusiasm for the creative future of chemistry
Celebrate the role of women in chemistry
Iam a Director of Research and I work in filed of the materials and catalysis sciences.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
1. Synthesis of novel catalytic materials and nonmaterials by different methods (hydrothermal, microwave, ultrasonic, sol-gel…..) and their characterization: influence of preparation parameters on the properties of catalysts; structural and textural characterization of catalysts; application of different spectral techniques for surface and bulk analysis; structure-property relationship in catalysis.
2. Heterogeneous catalysis: Selection and design of catalysts for different applications: The role of metal, support and promoters.
3. Liquid phase reactions and acidic and basic catalysis using novel mesoporous molecular sieves (alkylation, acylation and hydroisomerization reactions) and also Photocatalysis
4. Catalysis: Vapor phase reactions (alkylation, dehydration and oxidative dehydrogenation reactions).
5. Synthesis and pore size modification of mesoporous molecular sieves (SBA-1, SBA-15, SBA-16, KIT-5, SBA-12 and MCM type molecular sieves) and incorporation of hetero atoms in mesoporous molecular sieves.
6. Developing in-situ spectroscopic characterization techniques.
7. Development of novel organic-inorganic hybrid materials for gas storage applications.